The Bridgewater School colour is a distinctive turquoise blue. Acceptance of a place at this school means acceptance of the school uniform. The uniform gives a visible sign of belonging to the school and helps the development of a community spirit whilst also ensuring equality of status in dress. Pupils are expected to look smart at all times and dress to work.
Nursery children are not expected to wear the full uniform, but we would like the children to dress practically and we know they will want to identify with Bridgewater as their school. Therefore the nursery uniform consists of a simple dress code of navy blue jogging bottoms or shorts worn with a white polo shirt and the school sweatshirt or cardigan.
When you accept a place at Bridgewater, you will be sent a full uniform list with prices. Uniform can be purchased through our local supplier, Miss Coates, or can be ordered online via Your School Uniform. We have samples of uniform at school which can be tried on for size. Second-hand uniform can also be purchased through the school.
Should you experience financial difficulties in equipping your child with uniform, there is some help available. Families seeking advice should speak to the Headteacher, who will treat the matter with the utmost confidence.
ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING USED AT SCHOOL MUST BE NAMED.
· White short sleeved polo shirt
· Turquoise blue sweatshirt or cardigan (with school logo)
· Black, navy or grey flannel trousers or grey school Bermuda shorts or Navy skirt (knee-length) or navy pinafore dress
· Summer dress / playsuit - navy/ white check- optional
· Socks: dark coloured (plain grey, navy/ black) or navy tights. White socks in summer with dresses/ skirts.
· Black shoes (not trainers) low-heeled with solid backs or black boots (no higher than the ankle). Shoes must be substantial and not low cut, as they will need to offer protection to the feet. Please follow this link for examples of both suitable shoes and boots.
· Suitable weather-proof coat or jacket*
· Pair of wellington boots for outdoor wear [all years].
* Coats and jackets with prominent logos or made from materials such as leather or denim are not suitable for school. They should be waterproof as well as warm (in winter).
· Sky blue polo shirt (with school logo optional)
· Navy sweatshirt (with school logo optional)
· Navy shorts (with school logo optional)
· Optional but recommended: navy jogging / tracksuit bottoms
· White ankle socks
· Navy blue drawstring PE bag (optional: with school logo)
· Football boots may be required in Key Stage 1 and 2 (for extra-curricular clubs only)
Please note that the first three items that make up the basic PE kit can be ordered as a single package through our local supplier. Only the shorts and polo shirts are currently available online.
A range of navy-blue book bags with the school logo are also available. Pupils need a book bag in Nursery, Reception and KS1 and a there is a larger sized book bag which they can use in KS2.