Physical Education (PE) intent
The National Curriculum for PE aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives.
At Bridgewater our aim is to provide our children with an engaging, exciting and empowering curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow.
In PE we aim to ensure that all children:
- participate in a range of competitive and expressive physical activities
- have the opportunity to attend a range of high quality extra-curricular PE based clubs
- have the opportunity to represent the school in a sporting activity
- develop communication and leadership skills
- work as part of a team
- develop the values of fairness, respect and being a good sportsperson
- use PE to enhance wellbeing