At Bridgewater our aim is to provide our children with an engaging, exciting and empowering curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow.
In conjunction with the aims of the National Curriculum, our Science teaching offers opportunities for children to:
- Be equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of Science, today and for the future.
- Have a truly enquiring mind; a curiosity for the world around them and how it works.
- Have the tools to be able to ask a question and to investigate or research it to find an answer.
- Make connections between science and the real world; the role that science plays and the importance of a career in the field of science.
- Experience awe and wonder – real ‘wow’ moments.
- Develop an understanding of the connection between science and the current climate emergency and what they can do to have an impact on this.
- Learn about the lives of scientists who have changed the world, including those from different cultural backgrounds.