Personal, Social, Health & Economic (PSHE) intent
At Bridgewater our aim is to provide our children with an engaging, exciting and empowering curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow.
Personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education is an important and necessary part of all pupils’ education.
Our intent for PSHE is to:
- Deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they know more, remember more and understand more.
- Enable our children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of a society.
- Help children to understand how they are developing personally and socially, and tackle many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
- Provide our children with opportunities for them to learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society.
- Help children to understand that stable, caring relationships, which may be different types, are at the heart of happy families.