The Bridgewater School colour is a distinctive turquoise blue. Acceptance of a place at this school means acceptance of the school uniform. The uniform gives a visible sign of belonging to the school and helps the development of a community spirit whilst also ensuring equality of status in dress. Pupils are expected to look smart at all times and dress to work.
Nursery children are not expected to wear the full uniform, but we would like the children to dress practically and we know they will want to identify with Bridgewater as their school. Therefore the nursery uniform consists of a simple dress code of navy blue jogging bottoms or shorts worn with a white polo shirt and the school sweatshirt or cardigan.
Uniform can be purchased from our online supplier, Mapac. We have samples of uniform in all sizes at school.
Uniform can be delivered to school free of charge, or can be delivered to your home or workplace for £3.95 per order. Orders over £50 are posted free of charge.
Pre loved, second-hand uniform can also be purchased through the BSA at school. To enquire abut second-hand items please email:
Should you experience financial difficulties in equipping your child with uniform, there is some help available. Families seeking advice should speak to the Headteacher, who will treat the matter with the utmost confidence.
ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING USED AT SCHOOL MUST BE NAMED.
· White short sleeved polo shirt (logo optional)
· Turquoise blue sweatshirt or cardigan (with school logo)
· Black, navy or grey flannel trousers or grey/navy tailored shorts, or navy skirt/skort (knee-length), or navy pinafore dress
· Summer dress / playsuit - navy/white check- optional
· Socks: dark coloured (plain grey, navy/black) or navy tights. White socks in summer with dresses/ skirts.
· Black shoes (not trainers) low-heeled with solid backs or black boots (no higher than the ankle). Shoes must be substantial and not low cut, as they will need to offer protection to the feet. Please follow this link for examples of both suitable shoes and boots. It is especially important that younger children can put their shoes on and take them off independently. Please ensure that shoes and trainers have velcro fastenings to aid with this.
- Suitable weather-proof coat or jacket*
· Pair of wellington boots for outdoor wear [all years]
* Coats and jackets with prominent logos or made from materials such as leather or denim are not suitable for school. They should be waterproof as well as warm (in winter).
For PE/games (PE kit should be worn on the days when the children have PE lessons):
· Plain sky blue polo shirt or sky blue t-shirt with school logo
· Navy sweatshirt (with school logo optional)
· Navy shorts (with school logo optional)
· Optional but recommended: navy jogging / tracksuit bottoms
· White ankle socks
· Drawstring PE bag (optional: with school logo)
· Football boots may be required in Key Stage 1 and 2 (for extra-curricular clubs only)
A range of navy-blue book bags with the school logo are also available. Pupils need a Bridgewater book bag in Nursery, Reception and KS1 and a Bridgewater rucksack in Years 3-5. In Year 6 children may use a rucksack of their choice, but this should be no larger than 30cm x 40cm.
Hair & jewellery
Hair which is longer than shoulder length needs to be tied up. The only jewellery that is permitted at school is a wrist-watch or small stud earrings. Earrings must be covered or removed for PE.