Relationship and Sex Education (RSE)
At Bridgewater our aim is to provide our children with an engaging, exciting and empowering curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow.
To embrace the challenges of creating a happy and successful adult life, pupils need knowledge that will enable them to make informed decisions about their wellbeing, health and relationships. Pupils can also put this knowledge into practice as they develop the capacity to make sound decisions when facing risks, challenges and complex contexts. Everyone faces difficult situations in their lives. These subjects can support young people to develop resilience, to know how and when to ask for help, and to know where to access support.
At Bridgewater our intent for RSE is that children will:
• Be provided with a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
• Be prepared for puberty, and give have an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene
• Develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
• Experience a positive culture around issues of sexuality and relationships
• Learn the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies