At Bridgewater our aim is to provide our children with an engaging, exciting and empowering curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow.
Our aim in Geography is to fulfil the requirements of the National curriculum so that upon leaving Bridgewater, all children will have had a broad and balanced curriculum, ensuring the progressive development of geographical knowledge and skills, and be inspired to continue being curious about the world they live in.
At Bridgewater our intent is that children will:
- Enjoy learning about Geography, not just through experiences in the classroom, but also through fieldwork and educational visits.
- Ask and answer questions about the natural and human worlds to gain a greater understanding of their world and their place in it.
- Be curious and fascinated about the world and its people which will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
- Develop their knowledge about diverse places and people, resources in the environment, physical and human processes, and the formation and use of landscapes and environments.
- Be confident in key geographical skills (that are developed each year), such as: collecting and analysing data, interpreting a variety of sources; including maps, diagrams, globes and aerial photographs, and communicating information in a range of ways.
- Identify countries (including the capital cities of the UK), continents and oceans.
- Continue to build on their geographical vocabulary.