Religious Education (RE) intent
At Bridgewater our aim is to provide our children with an engaging, exciting and empowering curriculum that equips them for today and tomorrow.
- To give exposure to all religions.
- To develop confident, self aware pupils capable of empathy, reflection and understanding.
- To develop engaged pupils who have acceptance and respect for diversity.
- To develop curious children who are able to question beliefs and decisions of the world around them.
- To explore and understand religion and world views in the past and present. To look at where the beliefs come from, how they have change and how they are applied differently. To think about how it is relevant in society today.
- To understand people’s different beliefs, belonging, culture and identity. To provide children with hands on learning with visits and visitors.
- Ensure children have visits or visitors from people of different faiths to experience hands on learning.